Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hockey Themed Baby Quilt


When my next door neighbors, who happen to be as big of Chicago Blackhawks fans as us, told us that they were expecting I had a feeling I would be creating a hockey quilt for them. As the 9 months have passed, I decided I want to go one step further and create a Chicago Blackhawks themed quilt for their future bundle of joy. I think this quilt may have been the most fun to create since I created my own pattern. I began by sketching a design that I wanted.


I pieced the top and then created my quilt sandwich. For my backing I chose a red minky so that the blanket would feel extra soft on sensitive baby skin.


I then used my favorite tool, a Frixion pen, to mark my quilting lines. I chose to use diagonal lines across the squares and straight lines through the stripes. 


After quilting, I applied a black binding and that was it! I was done. This project seemed to go so quickly after the 4 months of hand quilting my dad's quilt.





I cannot wait to give this to the neighbors the next time I see them in the yard! I hope it will be perfect for their new addition!


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sending a link to this post to a friend of mine who makes lot of hockey themed things for her grandsons. Go Blackhawks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored! I hope it will bring some fresh inspiration! :)

      Delete
  2. can you make one for another team as well??? This is beautiful and I would love to order one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind compliment! I do love working on custom orders, however, I have my shop closed for the time being since I am expecting another little one soon! I do hope to re-open in the fall/winter and would be more than happy to discuss a custom quilt with you at that time if you are still interested! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete