My son didn't even want to give him up so I could take pictures. He was running through the house with him yelling, "Arrrrr matey".
After our pirate success I returned to the website and continued to plot what would be our next adventure when I stumbled upon her Cuties for a Cure pattern. I knew immediately that I wanted to make some to donate. I contacted our local Children's Cancer Center to see if they would be interested and when they said yes I got right to work collecting supplies and getting started. This past week I finished my first 3 dolls.
I already cannot wait to get a whole box ready to take over to the hospital. They turned out so cute. And I am learning new techniques as I go . . . like fabric painting on the faces! And once again my son helped me with these. I love that we sat and stuffed all 3 together. While we worked I explained that they were going to sick kids who don't feel good. My son smiled and said, these dollies will make them happy!
I will be working on 3 little boys this week and I hope to get quicker with practice. It is great to be working on something that I know might bring a small smile to the face of a little one who is fighting a huge battle!
Until next time . . . happy sewing!
Side Note: I am in no way affiliated with Dolls and Daydreams and receive nothing for writing about the patterns. I am just a very happy customer, now a nearly obsessed customer, who wanted to share her extraordinary patterns. Most importantly, I wanted to spread the word of her Chemotherapy dolls in hopes of inspiring others to create some to donate as well!