To me, Disney's Hocus Pocus is Halloween! I cannot get through October without watching it a few times over. So when my Dolls and Daydreams pattern group announced a Halloween themed sew along this month I knew I had to finish the dolls I had dreamt up last year. Winifred's face was the only thing I had gotten through last year. So I pulled out her face and got to work.
She proved to be a bit of a challenge as I had to create her jacket from scratch. But I was surprised to get it right on my first try. Mary came together a lot easier.
The hardest part of Mary was just pushing out the point at the top of her hair as I turned her right side out. Hehe. Sarah was the biggest challenge of all the sisters though, due to her wavy blonde hair and her seemingly pieced together clothing.
I had to create Sarah with a boy cut and sew her hair on strand by strand after she was completed. This way I was able to give her a full head of hair without it getting caught in any seams. I also tried to capture the look of her skirt by creating a purple satin bustle and adding a slit to the front.
As you can probably tell, all of the capes and the coat are removable.
These were a lot of fun to create and were a nice smaller scale project to get me in the mood for costume creating. They will also make a wonderful play set for my daughter once she is old enough to enjoy the movie! In the meantime, they will make a great Halloween decoration.
I am off to design some Halloween costumes! Until next time . . . happy fall and happy sewing!