The first thing I decided to do was continue practicing applique as I created a little needle book to hold all my hand sewing needles. I had seen a great needle book tutorial over at Nana Company. And so I followed along and had some fun with it.
Of course, I used some of my leftover fabrics from the baby's quilt so that I would forever have a piece of it for myself. I definitely still need some practice but I am having fun with the embroidery.
After finishing the needle book I decided to start working on some accessories for the baby. I started with a little something that I knew her daddy would love . . . a headband for her to wear during Blackhawk hockey games. I took some felt and decided to use some hand embroidery to create a feather head piece that could be attached to a headband.
I was really pleased with how it came together. After all the hard work that it took, I decided to make it interchangeable. I would love if she could wear it on a hat, a headband, etc. So I attached some velcro to the back of the feathers.
A little velcro sewn onto a headband and now we have the perfect headband, and possibly the perfect hat too! I absolutely love how it turned out.
I have a feeling I will be doing a lot more hand sewing over the next few months as it is getting more uncomfortable to sit at the sewing machine for long intervals. I hope to have more to share next week!