Sunday, August 3, 2014

Not Your Ordinary Skirt: A Simple Summer Blouse

I was able to squeeze in a little bit of sewing time this evening so I decided to try my hand at another refashion. I bought a skirt at the thrift store last summer because I loved the color and print. 


I wore it a few times but not as much as I had hoped I would. There just isn't much need for skirts when I am running around with the kids. So I decided to turn it into something I could get more use out of. I threw it onto the dress form and brought the old waist line in to create a boat neck hem. I also began seam ripping the sides where I wanted my arm holes to be.


To keep it easy and add some contrast, I grabbed some navy blue binding and used it to finish the arm holes. 


The top was nearly there. 


I then created a thin navy blue tie to add a beautiful shape to the top. I love how it creates the illusion of a peplum top. 


So feminine and yet nice and casual too!


It also looks great under a blazer for dressier occasions.


I will be on the hunt for a navy blue blazer now to complete the ensemble. This was a great refashion for a mom without much sewing time lately.


Until next time . . . happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment