Monday, July 28, 2014

A Fast Refashion: The Tie Belt

As I mentioned before, I have not been getting as much sewing time as I would like lately but I have been trying to accomplish small projects when I can. This week's project involved two 69 cent ties that I had picked up from the thrift store.


This one was a fun refashion because I got to combine my favorite things; thrifting, re-fashioning and quilting! Using a piece of felt as a base, I crossed the ties over each other and did some straight lined quilting to help stabilize everything in place. I then cut away the overhanging felt.


Then I simply had to wrap the belt around my waist and tie it up! Or for photographing purposes; wrap the belt around the waist of the dress form and tie it up. Definitely a fun belt for adding shape to a cute tunic!



Until next time . . . happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment