One leg was loose and there was some damage on the back side. I also am not a fan of the honey finish and I was hating the chunky wood handle. But I saw great potential in the size and I loved the little game drawer.
So I got to work repairing the table, sanding it down and refinishing it. It took a while to accomplish since my only chance to work was during nap time but it was well worth the patience.
I stained the top with Minwax's Early American stain and painted the bottom. I finished the top with 3 coats of polyurethane and then replaced the handle on the drawer. It is funny to say, but the handle cost more than the table did!
The coffee table ended up costing me less than 6 dollars to complete and it is just perfect in our living room. I hope to get back to sewing this next week.
Until next time . . . happy sewing!