Monday, July 22, 2013

A Thrifty Weekend

I got to spend some much needed girl time with my mom this weekend as we went on a thrifting adventure! We headed south of our area to hit some thrift stores that we haven't been to. And wouldn't you know it, there was a lot more sewing related items then I typically find at our thrift stores. 


I very rarely find fabric in our area, but there was lots to choose from at the Savers that we stopped at. I picked just a few of the fabrics that struck my fancy. Can't beat getting so much fabric for so cheap. I already have a few projects in mind. 


I also found a wooden sewing box at a Goodwill that we stopped at. I have been looking for one of these for a long time now! I had found one months ago at a flea market but the gentleman selling it had wanted $20 for it and would not budge on his price. Now I was able to find one for $2.99!!! It is slightly damaged but, I don't mind. That means I can refinish it without feeling guilty!


There was also a very unique box sitting at another Goodwill along our route that was just too pretty to pass up. It looked like it would make a very unique sewing box so, of course, I snatched it up. After all, I keep hand sewing supplies all over in case I feel like getting crafty so I love having unique boxes to hide everything in.


I think I really fell in love with the beautiful little feet on the box. 


I also loved that the inside was lined and was clean!!!


The final sewing supply I picked up was a bag of polyfil for $1.99! I will be using it to make a stuffed minion for my son.


The only other sewing related items I found were some dresses for altering (although I may not mess with the yellow and white one). 



Certainly cannot beat 89 cents as a price! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Time to get back to quilting this week.

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Thrifting is sew much fun! You scored some great items (love that red fabric).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies, aside from sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete